Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching you up

Since it's been almost a year since we threw out the birth control pills, it might take a few posts to catch everyone up to the present day.

Basically once I stopped the BCP I started taking folic acid in it's place every night. Plus my doctor told me to wait three months or three good periods after we stopped before we actually started trying to make a baby.

I didn't have any problems with the periods and by January 2009 we were ready to 'get busy.' But Mark felt we were going to take the 'let's see what happens' approach. Little did he know I was logging into the Nest.com Getting Pregnant message board. I became fast 'friends' with many of the girls there, where we would share our stories and encourage each other along this frustrating journey of seeking fertilization! :)

So I was chatting away with my new friends and obsessively reading about getting pregnant. I read Getting Pregnant, What to Expect BEFORE You're Expecting, Fertility and Conception, How to Guide to Getting Pregnant. And just because I was becoming obsessed Baby Bargains, Pregnancy Week by Week and What to Expect While You're Expecting. Let's just say I wanted to be prepared! The only thing I didn't read was Taking Charge of Your Fertility. On the GP board this was THE book and I was putting off reading it for some reason.

So while Mark was in his dream world that we were 'just seeing what happens' I was quickly becoming an 'expert' in all things fertility.

No comments:

Post a Comment