Friday, January 1, 2010

We have a heartbeat!


My first appointment was a great success. We immediately went to the ultrasound room at 8 a.m. Almost instantly the heartbeat was there. She said the baby was in the lowest part of my uterus, laying there like on a hammock. I thought 'Yep, Baby is just like us....lazy :)' Because of the positioning she said that it would be harder to get the best picture. But we saw our little blob.
My due date is moved back to Aug. 11. I'm officially 8 weeks.
I can't describe the happiness of seeing the heart beating. It was wonderful. It was beating at 176. She said it could have been elevated because I was anxious.

After our ultrasound we met with her a bit longer where she went over medical history and the joy of breastfeeding. She also encouraged us to get the H1N1. So we did. We were a bit apprehensive about it but once she said pregnant women who get the flu are more likely to miscarry.....off we went to roll up our sleeve.
My mom picked me up from the appointment since Mark had to go to work. She immediately picked up my father and drove us about town telling family members as we went. So now our whole family knows our news and a few friends.

I'll be telling the world (my work) next week. Today life is good.

1 comment: