Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Counting down the days

It's the week of my first appointment. I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. I can't wait until Thursday. I have so much going through my mind as I wait. Some ridiculous and some just crazy. I just want to get there and get confirmation that everything is going ok with my pregnancy. I've had the minor cramping and brown spotting since around 4 and a half or 5 weeks. I know it can be normal but I just want to make sure that mine is ok.

Then my mom and husband decided they would put knew crazy thoughts into my head. Like I can't come up with crazy thoughts on my own. My mom keeps asking if I think it's possible that I could have twins. (I'm a twin so it's all she knows) I think that that's a pretty slim chance. She conceived us while on clomid and that increases the chances of twins so I think that's where that comes from.

I found my mom huddled in the corner on Christmas gossiping with Mark about my supposed 'bump.' They have decided that I look way further along than 8 weeks and that maybe I actually conceived in October and therefore am further along than I think. I did have that phantom UTI in October that I could have sworn it was a UTI only to have the test come back negative. That lasted for a few weeks in October and then went away. I did have a period but I don't remember how heavy it was. I also took a negative Dollar Store pregnancy test. But now Mark thinks maybe I threw it away before the results registered. I didn't let him look at it so he doesn't believe it was negative.

When we got the positive all my Dollar Store tests were super faint and they never got darker. I never took a digital in October. My digital changed to positive at what I think would have been about 10 dpo.

Also tonight my friends all decided I 'looked' pregnant. And truthfully I'm starting to wonder. I can definitely feel my stomach below my belly button and it's really hard. My friend let me push on her nonpregnant belly bloat and it's definitely way more squishy than what I have going on. I really don't think I should be able to feel my uterus at this point.

So now I'm doubting all things I thought I knew. I just want to yell 'It's bloat people! It's bloat!' But I'm wondering if there is a chance I conceived a month earlier....

I guess I'll find out on Thursday! Just a few more days and I'll have all kinds of answers.....
Is the baby ok? How big is the baby? How many weeks am I? And is there only one in there??

No comments:

Post a Comment