Thursday, September 17, 2009

New addition

Today has been a bit of a rough day for me. I think by tomorrow I will be onto cycle 9 or 10 (I'm losing count). My temp dropped a bit this morning.

Also my day began with my mom calling me at 8 to tell me my cousin was at the hospital having her baby. While I was very excited, I was also a little sad. My cousin announced her pregnancy at the end of our first official trying to conceive month. I was so excited for her at the time because I couldn't help but think we would have babies at the same time. 

This baby was very much a surprise for her and she wasn't expecting to be pregnant at this stage in her life but I was sooo excited thinking I would be going through it with her. Each month I was like 'That's ok because we will still have a baby close together.'

Well today she had her baby girl. She was 37 weeks and I'm not even on week one yet. 

My mom called me at 1030 to tell me to go up to the hospital to check on things. My whole extended family was at work so I was acting as family representative. While I was brushing my teeth she called to tell me the baby was here and I needed to hurry up.  She was born at 1039.

So I drove up to the hospital, tearing up a little on the way but handling it pretty well. I got to the hospital at 1115 and rushed up to the room. I walked in and saw the baby and felt myself tearing up but I got it together before anyone noticed and got to see my new cousin. 

Today really just makes me want to put even more effort into next cycle. I think now that we are charting things are going to be better. I'm just really ready to start my period and get this next cycle started. I know that when we are ready God is going to give us the baby we are supposed to have but days like today make me really impatient for that day to come sooner rather than later.

So even though I'm sad and wish I were sharing in the joy with my older cousin, I'm also relishing in the fact that 'I got to see the baby first out of all my large extended family!!!' And within 20-ish minutes of her being born!!! And I will be parking it on the couch baby hogging this new baby this weekend and taking her the hand-made quilt I made especially for her. 

Now if they would just name her I would be really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment